Obviously graduation is a big deal. Especially for a girl, I had to plan so far ahead thinking about hair appointments, nails and eyebrows. Trying to plan all of that alongside actually finding a nightmare can be a nightmare.
I wanted to put together a little post to help the next lot of graduates to help them figure out what they need to get sorted.
- think about what type of outfit you want but don’t limit yourself to just that. I had in my head for 3 years that I wanted a red dress, I ended up with a black jumpsuit.
- do you want to wear heels to walk across the stage? if you’re comfortable then go ahead. but for me I knew I would be panicking about trying to walk in heels and not fall so I ended up purchasing heels and flats. I was very lucky in finding heels and flats which were practically the same! (see right image)
- practise your hair and makeup before the actual event. You may have an idea in your head but on the day it may not go like that because you’re stressing. I planned out a couple of different looks that I could create just in case it didn’t go right. In the end, my makeup went fine it was just my hair not playing.
- if you’re going to have your eyebrows plucked, do it a week in advance, just in case something goes wrong. Luckily the lovely Lizzie at The Beauty Rooms at Ego managed to get me in in plenty of time so I could get used to them as well.
- Again if you’re having your eyebrows done, search around for the best salon that you’re going to like, it took me quite a while to find Lizzie as I was searching through Facebook and seeing many nightmare brows!
- If you’re going to have your hair cut just before graduation, make sure its one that you know you can easily adapt to different styles on the day. I knew I needed my hair cutting but I played it safe and had only a couple of inches cut off but that is purely because I knew my hair would be my nightmare on the day.
- Nails for me were a must, I am so used to having stick on ones that I knew graduation I needed to have acrylics done properly. Again for this, do your research. I spent a few days searching through Facebook until I found Fern’s Nails, she was able to create the look I wanted and she was honest with the fact they may not last 2 weeks due to how short my nails are (I bite them oops). They did last just over 2 weeks which I was obviously very happy about, but you do need to make sure the nail artist is qualified and knows what they’re doing.
- last but not least, the outfit. For me I ended up buying 3 different ones. I just could not decide what to wear, see the below images of the outfits I found and couldn’t quite decide which to go for.
Obviously before the big day, I ended up having a lovely pamper day where I treated myself to a nice long soak in the bath with a glass of prosecco and a face mask. It is always nice to treat yourself to that pamper before a big day.
The little slideshow below consists of the three outfits I had for my graduation. I ended up going for the black jumpsuit with the red scarf, I did however decide to not wear the necklace as I knew it would just irritate me. I will have another post later on about the actual day so you can see more images and learn about what actually happened on the day.
until next time